We are currently looking for apprentice fire and security engineers to join our team.
Once your training is completed and you have proved yourself we may offer you a full time position as a qualified installation engineer, the benefits of which include:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime available
- Attractive holidays + 8 bank holidays, increasing with service
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- PPE & Uniform
- To assist with reactive & preventative maintenance and additional works to existing fire & security systems
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written and with all levels of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist with other general tasks where required across the business
- To assist with fault finding and defect rectification
- Become familiar with the structure of the department and the various client sites
- Complete all duties assigned in a safe manner, observing all required regulations
- Investigate the performance of equipment installed onsite to produce reports and recommendations
As a trainee engineer you will be provided with training and experience in PPM and Fault Finding, providing a first time fix on various fire & security systems including Gent, Advanced, Milestone, Hikvision, Galaxy, Texecom, Sateon, Lenel and Paxton. You will also be provided with training of installation/electrical procedures and principles related to the security industry.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to manage yourself whilst onsite and be able to use your own initiative. You will have good communication skills and be able to build and maintain relationships on site with clients. You will have a good understanding of Health & Safety and be able to identify risks whilst on site.
As this is an apprentice position no previous skills in the industry will be required, however you will need:
- Good communication skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work
- Keen to maintain high standards and work within a team
- Minimum level 2 Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Driving licence and own vehicle
- Tailored Fire & Security are NSI Gold Approved and therefore screen all engineers in line with BS7858 and DBS checked.
- Full clean driving license is essential
- ECS Card