Business Administrator Apprentice
Tailored Fire & Security are currently looking for an apprentice business administrator to join our team.
- GCSE English Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent - Essential
- GCSE Maths Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent - Desired
The primary responsibility of the Apprentice Business Administrator is for the supervision of the inbound and outbound traffic, managing buying and delivery process of goods or services to both internal and external clients. The Apprentice Business Administrator will coordinate daily warehousing activities.
You will be required to perform a variety of duties and tasks associated with maintaining a warehouse, receiving, stock management, distributing and maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies/equipment.
The goal is to ensure that daily operations exceed company and customer expectations.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain supply redundancy
- Procure and shop orders specifically for the Service department, working closely with all members of the service team to aid them in completing their jobs on time and in full
- Maintain part costs, update delivery information and job costings in the ERP software
- Monitor inventory levels for critical parts
- Maintain and communicate availability information to your manager
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label & ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Organise and maintain inventory held in storage area(s)
- Report any discrepancies
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment within safety/maintenance guidelines
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Catalogue or label items with storage details
- Package and send out completed orders to internal and external customers
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. To apply for the apprenticeship, please take a look at the job posting on the government website.
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
- Communication Skills
- IT Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Organisation Skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Administrative Skills
- Team Working
Location: Greater Manchester
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Phone: +44 (0) 161 874 1940