Jobs & Vacancies
National Contracts Manager
Position Title: National Contracts Manager
Team: National Contracts Division
Employment Status: Full Time | 40 Hours | Monday to Friday | 8:30am to 5:00pm
Reports To: Operations Director
Tailored Fire & Security are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our business.
We are an award-winning Fire and Security company with impressive year on year growth and due to the expansion of the company we are looking for an experienced, aspirational & driven National Contracts Manager to lead the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established organisation with upcoming projects where you will be an integral part of the team.
Contracts Manager Overview
We specialise in the design, service and installation of Fire Alarms, CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarms systems. We use the most up to date technology to ensure an exceptional standard of customer service is kept.
We require an experienced Contracts Manager, with a clear understanding of the purpose and best practice of contract management within the fire and security sector. In order to really succeed in the role you will have the ability to propose, challenge, influence and negotiate with an awareness of how to protect the best interests of the client and company.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' managerial experience within the Fire and Security Industry.
The overall objective of the position is to manage and support the operational and contracts function within the business ensuring compliance to international legislation and company QMS & ISO requirements and to identify and drive continuous improvement whilst providing a support service within the organisation.
The role sits within the National Contracts Division, reporting directly into the Operations Director and supported by a team of contracts administrators and project managers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Oversee Project Managers and management of large installation projects to high customer satisfaction.
• Oversee Financial Responsibility for Projects with Project Managers (Value £100k - £2M+)
• Coordinate and report Accurate Monthly Forecasting/ Cost to Complete.
• Responsible for operational technical vetting of all new installations before order processing.
• Development / support for regional Project Managers.
• Day to day planning of a large team of engineers and sub-contractors.
• Responsible for regular health and safety audits and buildup of risk assessments and method statements.
• Good relationship with various contractors/ customers.
• Management of arranging/attending site progress meetings with Project Managers and clients.
• Carrying out tool box talks / Engineer one to ones/ Team Huddles.
• Completing engineer installation quality audits (internal/external).
• Work alongside the sales / design team to assist with any technical issues, and improve and grow client relations
• Get close to customers and stakeholders dealing with issues
• Customer service and negotiation skills to deal with the demands of Clients, Subcontractors, Suppliers and Facility Managers
• The key to success in this role rests with an ability to build relationships, both externally and internally.
• Having a positive can-do attitude is essential alongside a methodical approach to planning and workload management, with an ability to prioritise.
Knowledge, Skills Education and Experience:
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of industry compliance and procedures
• Able to take a flexible and proactive approach.
• Be able to organise yourself and others.
• Experience working in the Fire & Security industry
• Computer literate, including all Microsoft programs and an ability to manipulate data and experience of Excel is essential.
• Experience of using an MRP system or CASH would be advantageous
As part of your other responsibilities
• Be available to travel nationally to support the business and customer needs.
• Commitment to cross functional team working is essential.
• This job description is non-exhaustive and is intended to define the scope of overall responsibilities. A flexible and responsive approach is expected from all management team members.
• Competitive Salary with Benefits
• Pension: Auto enrolment pension Scheme
• Training and Development Opportunities
Tailored Fire & Security are NSI Gold Approved and therefore screen all engineers in line with BS 7858 and DBS checked.
To apply please send a current CV to HR@tfs-ltd.com
- Start Date: